“I am delighted to announce the winners of the ESPD Future Leaders Award 2021, chosen by the executive board of the ESPD after a strong field of applications:
Dr Nicole Knoepfel (Switzerland)
Dr Cathal O’Connor (Ireland)
Dr Satyamaanasa Polubothu (UK)
Congratulations to the successful candidates! We wish you success during your three year programme and look forward to watching your career progress.
On behalf of the executive board”
ESPD FUTURE LEADERS PROGRAMME
A new initiative by the ESPD driven by a desire to attract trainee/resident doctors into Paediatric Dermatology, and to foster their careers.
What is the Future Leaders Programme?
The Future Leaders Programme is a three-year rolling programme to attract and support the careers of trainee/resident doctors who are interested in Paediatric Dermatology.
Three positions will be available each year from 2021.
What does the Future Leaders Programme give to successful applicants?
- Membership of the ESPD for three years
- Registration to the ESPD annual congress for three years
- Mentorship sessions from a senior ESPD mentor for three years
- Oral presentation at the ESPD congress in the first or second year of the programme
- ESPD Future Leaders lecture in the final year of the programme
- Organised networking sessions with other Future Leaders Programme members
Who is eligible to apply?
Applicants to the Future Leaders Programme must fulfil all of the following criteria at the time of the application (as opposed to the entire duration of the programme):
- Be an existing resident/trainee member of the ESPD – if the applicant is successful the remainder of their existing membership will be reimbursed.
- Be a current resident/trainee doctor in Dermatology or Paediatrics or Paediatric Dermatology in a European country (as defined by the United Nations , and including Turkey) or be a previous resident/trainee undertaking research before being appointed to a senior post. In exceptional cases residents/trainees from other medical specialties or from scientific research careers will be considered.
- Can demonstrate active interest in Paediatric Dermatology and the potential to become a Future Leader in the field.