|Minutes of the extended EC Board Meeting
held May 28th, 2013 7:30 to 8:45 in Room Rome, Hotel Rotterdam, Blijdorp, Netherlands
The following persons were present:
E. Bonifazi, R. Fölster-Holst, J. Harper, D. Hohl, T. Kakourou, B. Kunz, A. Oranje, JF Stalder, Z. Szalai, U. Uksal, D. Van Gysel, F. de Waard-van der Spek
The following topics were discussed:
- Website: The president mentioned that wrong slides were exposed in the slide show and should be replaced by the two logos sent to the secretary, and Talia and Daniel suggested also by some pictures from the Aegais, the actual Rotterdam meeting and from Kiel. The European google map should be headed as “ESPD members” and not as “pediatric dermatologists” to avoid conflicts. A Forum or Blog for discussing pediatric dermatologic issues should be created, as a user based system rather than being maintained by the secretary or headed by experts. Several board members explained their difficulties during the payment process. This should be running more smoothly next year as the website team did improve the procedures. JF Stalder reported on an interesting CME tool in France for which D Bessis, JP Lacour and himself are responsible. He stressed that our target population should be the young colleagues!
- Publicity, membership and email addresses:John Harper suggested increasing publicity, and sending out more frequent email messages to members notably when website information is added. This is somewhat hindered by difficulties to obtain address lists of pediatric dermatologists from National Societies. The Secretary General will do another attempt by approaching all Board members to provide the contact data of all persons interested in pediatric dermatology in their country and of the pediatric dermatology institutions.
- Madrid : The board decided that the program of the EADV sister society meeting will be established with case presentations by ESPD members.
- EADV/ESPD educational event in Istanbul : the secretary general reported on the unexpected sponsored event during the EADV sister society meeting in Istanbul orchestrated by Alain Taieb in close collaboration with the EADV head office and the EC of the ESPD board.
- Internal rules: Internal rules have to be established urgently due to the more substantial financial reserve of the ESPD to prevent legal issues. Previous important board decisions as written in the minutes shall be integrated. A first draft will be established by Daniel Hohl and D. Van Gysel and submitted to T. Kakourou, L. de Raeve, J. Harper, Z. Szalai, R. Fölster-Holst, A. Orange.
- European Society of Pediatrics: Talia suggested participating in the annual meeting and participating more in its activities. Arnold, Dirk & Daniel recalled previous experiences and difficulties with the ESP.
DH Paris 13/06/29
|Summer School in Rotterdam
The third Summer School was a great success not only for its high educational quality but also for its social events.
The first Summer school was in Istanbul about “Pediatric emergencies” in 2009 and the second was on the boat around Greek Islands in 2011. It was a great opportunity for friendship of pediatric dermatologists and to share the experiences about genetic disorders and abnormalities of babies.
The third Summer School in Rotterdam's main subject was allergy in children, in addition to main subject a course on hemangiomas and other presentations about other diseases were very helpful to share newest knowledge about pediatric dermatology.
I want to congratulate dear Flora de Waard-van der Spek and her team for this great job.
Rotterdam was cold and rainy but the atmosphere of meeting was very warm. The participants were listened Flora’s very special and cordial speech about the retirement of Prof. Dr. Arnold Oranje, and the poem for him with teardrops at the beginning of gala dinner.
After this we sang together for him and shouted his name very loudly again and again: ARNOLD! ARNOLD! …
Romantic tango of Arnold with his wife was unforgettable at the end of the night.
I want to congratulate and thank Arnold and Flora for unforgettable days in Rotterdam
Prof. Dr. Umit Uksal
President of ESPD